Why we prefer a framework ?
Basically, framework provides a classical, cross-browser functions to use the XMLHttpRequest object. But a framework may goes beyond that, and allow to build “rich web applications”, applications with a graphical user interface and other features of desktop software that run through a browser, while exchanging data with a remote server.
A list of Features about Ajax framework:
– Any Ajax framework is able to communicate with the server, and thus, to read data or to send it data or commands. In the last case a server-side script like PHP, ASP, JSP is required.
– The frameworks often add components that make use of the asynchronous communication with the server.
– The classical examples are buttons, tabbed panels, grids, listboxs and other such widgets.
– A more innovative example, the “boxes”, are more and more often implemented, and Lightboxand Slimbox are two of them. There are image galleries that place them side by side on the screen and that are making use of Ajax to display them instantanously .
– Framework may be server-driven also, and in this case, component are created on the server with a scripting language such as PHP, and sent to the browser.
– Ajax is used to transmit user actions to the server part, and to handle the results.
– The ability to work offline as it is offered by Google Gears, may be added to the Ajax framework as well.
Such Ajax libraries and frameworks:
Rico 2.0 extends the component set from the previous versions. The LiveGrid has been expanded to include filtering, column resizing, and many more features. The core of Rico 2.0 has been designed to enable custom components to be more easily built.
8. Dojo Toolkit
Dojo saves you time, delivers powerful performance, and scales with your development process. It’s the toolkit experienced developers turn to for building great web experiences.
10. Yahoo UI
Was this information useful? What other tips would you like to read about in the future? Share your comments, feedback and experiences with us by commenting below!