Vista Photo Gallery is a photo album builder, that allows you to create and publish rich, interactive web photo galleries for your website. Vista Photo Gallery is the first software that creates AJAX-powered online image galleries without the need for server-side setup. It means you just upload files generated by the software to your server and it will run immediately, even if it’s a free webhost without a php, asp, mysql support.
PostcardViewer is a free customizable Flash image viewer. The interface looks like a set of postcards shuffled on a table.
– Use on any website.
– Intuitive image navigation.
– Smart image pre-loading.
– Resizable interface scales to fit browser window.
– Displays image captions as a text overlay.
– Optional right-click to open image in a new window.
– Cross platform. Supports Windows, Mac and Linux.
– Built-in Flash detection and upgrade prompt.
A free Web application that displays Flickr and Picasa images on websites and blogs.
– PictoBrowser’s Width and Height
– Image File (medium or large)
– Image Vertical Alignment
– Image Titles (on/off)
– Image Notes (on/off)
– Thumbnails AutoHide (on/off)
– Image Zoom (on/off)
– Pictobrowser’s background color
– Navigation Background color
A very nice Flash-based template. Each image that flips to the next casts a subtle reflection on the ground. The size of the images can be easily adjusted by editing the template files. And adding a background image is a piece of cake.
– Smooth Image Transitions
– Quick change between 4 designs
– Thumbnail Viewer
– Automatic Photo Detection
– Image Uploader Included
– Four Design Viewer Options
– No Database Needed
– Automatic Adjustment to Image Sizes
– Reads in Photo Meta Data (IPTC Info)
– Dynamically Built using PHP
– Easy Maintance
– Hide/Show Thumbnails
This plug-in for jQuery automatically detects the extension of each media file and applies the right player.
Pretty much everyone has seen Barack Obama’s website by now, which is clearly one of the most attractive ones done by a presidential candidate. Not only is it an example of state-of-the-art design, but it’s also nice to navigate and interact with.
If you are creating a fairly small gallery, hand-coding a grid of thumbnails will probably do. But for larger galleries or doing a lot of adding, editing and swapping of photos, you will probably want a better solution. And that solution is: an automatically generating photo gallery!
FancyBox is a tool for displaying images, HTML content and multimedia in a Mac-style Lightbox that floats over top the Web page.
– Can display images, HTML elements, SWF movies, Iframes and also Ajax requests
– Customizable through settings and CSS
– Groups related items and adds navigation.
– If the mouse wheel plugin is included in the page then FancyBox will respond to mouse wheel events as well
– Support fancy transitions by using easing plugin
– Adds a nice drop shadow under the zoomed item
Galleriffic is a jQuery plugin that provides a rich, post-back free experience optimized to handle high volumes of photos while conserving bandwidth. I am not so great at spelling, and it was much later that I realized that the more appropriate spellings would be Gallerific or Gallerrific, but is too late now for a name change, so Galleriffic remains.
– Smart image preloading after the page is loaded
– Thumbnail navigation (with pagination)
– jQuery.history plugin integration to support bookmark-friendly URLs per-image
– Slideshow (with optional auto-updating url bookmarks)
– Keyboard navigation
– Events that allow for adding your own custom transition effects
– API for controlling the gallery with custom controls
– Support for image captions
– Flexible configuration
– Support for multiple galleries per page
Plogger is the next generation in open-source photo gallery systems. A web application not bloated with superfluous features or complicated configuration settings. Plogger is a simple yet powerful tool — everything you need to share your images with the world.
Plogger is your photos integrated into your website, a fully featured photo sharing package with an attractive and easy to use administrative interface that makes managing your galleries a breeze. Integrating our gallery software into your website is as easy as inserting three lines of PHP code.
– Easier Install / Upgrade
– Smart Content
– Extensions / Plugins
– Better SEO
– Extended International Support
Take your favourite images full-screen. This template is based on PicLens and combine the power of PicLens and Media RSS technology to give you an easy way to add immersive multimedia slideshows to your own site. The exported Piclens gallery can also easily be used as a complete webpage.
Export your images in Picasa using this template. Visitors simply click the “Start slideshow” button on your site to start your presentation and can thereafter toggle into the famous Piclens full-screen mode.
For an even more enhanced browsing experience the free Cooliris PicLens add-on for all major browsers and operating systems adds this full-screen functionality to major websites like Flickr and Google Images.
Create dazzling multimedia presentations, slideshows and banners with Active Slideshow Pro. This extension builds on the success of Active Slideshow and gives you new spectacular effects and optimal control over your slides, texts, transitions and sounds.
– Customizable overlays and effects
– Free overlays and effects included
– Timed transitions on slides and text
– Easing enables special movement effect
Polaroid Gallery is a free, opensource flash gallery developed by myself, Christopher Einarsrud, in the year of 2006.
I was originally going to use this for my online portfolio, but I ended up going for something completely different.
I thought that it might come in handy for someone else, so I decided to release it here. After all, I did put some work into it and it would be a pity to see it all go to waste.
How it works:
The script loads images and image titles dynamically from an external xml file or a flickr RSS feed. Then the script processes the data and creates an interactive flash gallery.
– You can now pass the xml-file you wish to load as a parameter when embedding the flash.
– You can specify your flickr ID and the gallery automatically loads the latest pictures from your flickr RSS feed
– The loaded pictures is automatically scaled, centred and smoothed