Hello friends welcome to my today’s post on jQuery. In my last post we learn about Most Popular jQuery Accordion Plugins. Today we are going to learn some new and interesting thing about jQuery. We all are very much familiar with android/iphone phone and their application. In those application they have some nice features like notification systems, Swipe effects, date picker and a lot other stuffs. If you want to add those nice effect in you application then you come to the right place. In below listings you find some awesome plugins that make you web application smiler to android application. So, let’s go and pick them fast. Enjoy.
A jQuery plugin which provides android-like notification messages. It is a quite nice way to report info or error to the user.
Its features include:
- Information’s are introduced as Toast Messages to the user in a seamless and natural way
- Toast Messages may or may not disrupt the user and they are still informative
- 4 different predefined types of toasts: notice, success, warning and error
- Fully customizable
- Easy to use API
A quick jQuery browser plugin to detect support for touch and gesture events using object detection instead of specific browser sniffing.
Skinkers Touch Swipe jQuery plugin enables the detection of swipe gestures on touch based devices. Its features include:
- Detects swipes in 4 directions, up, down, left and right
- Supports single finger or double finger touch events
- Supports click as well as swipe
- Definable threshold to determine when a gesture is actually a swipe
- Events triggered for swipe start, move, end and cancel
- End event can be triggered either on touch release, or as soon as threshold is met
- Allows swiping and page scrolling
The Keep Reading plugin can be used to display a small tag in the lower right portion of a screen when the page contains content below the fold. This is very useful for mobile browsers where you may desire a long form on one page in order to cut down on network trips.
A cool Android-type Date Picker with jQuery mobile. This tutorial helps create an amazing Android style date picker with jQuery.
Lightbox for android lets you create the renowned and attractive android style lightbox gallery.
A tool for displaying images in an Android-style “lightbox” that floats overtop of web page.
- Customizable through settings and CSS
- Adds a nice drop shadow under the zoomed item
- Slideshow option
- Multiple Galleries option
- Previous and Next buttons inside the image Box.
- Automatic repositioning of the image in the browser window
jQuery plugin that you can embed in their website. Thus, the user can use their website as if he had an iPad or other touch screen in your hand. But not only that: Through the Web-in-Touch plugin, it is also possible to navigate to their website at all touch devices comfortable.
It has the following features:
- Just create two div, one inside the other
- The outer div is the container
- The inner div is the scroll wheel
- Two buttons to scroll up and down
- All elements inside the div scroller will scroll when you press any buttons
Was this information useful? What other tips would you like to read about in the future? Share your comments, feedback and experiences with us by commenting below!